Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Current News


I think the reality of blogging as I read more blogs and catch up on others' lives is that it's just the current news that becomes so fun. I keep trying to catch up on months past to keep you up to date and I think I should start with the current and if I get around to it, I'll let you know what's happened in the past...6 months?

1) We are pregnant!! We are about 18 weeks along and so excited. Of course, this means that we will once again move as our current apartment is only one bedroom - but we have some time. Next week is our big appointment when we get to see the baby and see how he or she is coming along :) And hopefully, we'll have a due date, but for now we're planning on something in April.



2) We celebrated our 2 year anniversary last month. It was fantastic to head out to a small bed & breakfast in southern Maryland for a retreat and time together :) This is the "rest" part of the weekend.

3) We tried to buy the barn business, it didn't work out. Now we're on a quest to find a barn in Fairfax County and eventually to find some land - know anyone with a spare 10 acres?

4) We did buy a new couch! We hope to have it delivered in the next few weeks. We discovered this new furniture store in the same location as Storehouse in Pentagon Row: http://www.desisofas.com/ and managed to hit 2 sales and get a pretty good deal on the couch.

With the holidays around the corner, we are busily making plans to head out to Sterling for Thanksgiving with my cousin and her husband and 2 little girls: http://picasaweb.google.com/Hokiecrib. Then we just bought our tickets to head out to Colorado for Christmas with our families :)

So that's our current news.

P.S. if you have some extra time and a desire to brush up on your vocabulary, check out: http://www.freerice.com/index.php (Thanks to Byrannie for pointing this out)

1 comment:

Kara said...

Welcome back! And SO EXCITED for next Tuesday!