
Other than the weather, things have been going great! Brad & I hosted a green party on March 17 (there was some special occasion, but I don't recall now) - we had Green Salad (made with a variety of green vegetables, no lettuce), Pesto, Guacamole, and minty cool whip for pudding in addition to green jell-o for dessert. Perhaps not particularly sophisticated but definitely a lot of fun. Then for Easter, our friends, the Shius hosted an Easter celebration complete with an Easter Egg Hunt (courtesy of Brad), yummy food and great company.
In April, we finished the move to Tamarack. Horse show season resumed after a long break because of a virus outbreak in Northern Virginia. Team Tamarack has really solidified as a group of riders and families. It's been a long growth process, but it's amazing to see.
On the vacation front, I took a long weekend with Becky for her Bachelorette weekend. Eden and I drove ALL night, but got great catch up time. The weather was decent and it was great to get to know some of the girls in the wedding :) I think overall, a great time was had by all! Family vacation plans were rescheduled due to work schedules, but hopefully the Hursts will get to take an adventure together soon. Then May brought a visit from mom. She came out over Mother's Day and my birthday. We had some great time to catch up, and I think she caught up with many other friends as well.
Brad planned a great day for my birthday, complete with spa time with my mom, lunch down at the FDR Memorial, dinner in Shirlington and a surprise get together with friends - it was a GREAT day!
Our final exciting piece of news is that we found a new apartment to move at the end of May. It's only about a mile from our current apartment. More details on that in my NEXT update.
1 comment:
This was fun to catch up with you both. And Mom had a GREAT time with you all.
H&K - Mom
Post a Comment